Lilly Grace

Lilly Grace
Lilly Grace Jones

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BIG GIRL!!!
















It’s another beautiful day here at St. Joseph’s hospital. A lot has happened over the past week. Although they are minor milestones we still do the happy dance every time we accomplish one of them. Lilly is 7 weeks old now and weighs in at 11lbs 6ozs. Since Lilly is getting so big we moved her into a “BIG GIRL CRIB”. It makes it a little harder to reach Lilly but she has more room for herself, her friends, and all her equipment. Lilly will get to start eating formula again today 1cc every hour. This is a test to see if her tummy is healed and able to handle food. We are trying to get Lilly out of bed more this means holding, bouncy chair, or just sitting her up. Today it took 5 people to put Lilly in my arms. We were tummy to tummy. The look on her face was “What in the world?” We all laughed because she was just completely puzzled about the new position. I got to hold her up close to my face and talk to her. I couldn’t help but cry when I got to kiss her face and feel it close to mine. It was a very special moment. I also got to do my first trach change. This means I put the trach into Lilly. I was shaking but the respiratory therapist and nurse were there to assist. It’s a nerve racking process but something I need to learn to do without shaking like a leaf or wanting to pass out. The doctor came into to talk to me today and mentioned that Lilly is not tracking with her eyes so they have ordered a neurology consult. I have noticed Lilly’s gaze has changed over the past week so I am anxious to see if it is the medicine or maybe a neurology problem. We are so grateful to see Lilly making a little bit of progress. We love days like today when we get a smile or a chance to hold and love on Lilly. Thanks you for your continued prayers and support.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new pictures!!!! Lilly is so sweet!!!! Glad to hear she is making progress! I think Lilly is here to teach us all a good lesson about what is important in life!!!
    Prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! She's got so much hair! I'm jealous!! Glad she's making progress! Praying for Lilly & you all! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That so wonderful thats she's getting out of bed more and your getting to cuddle because that the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pictures of you holding her- how sweet! Keep the good news coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for letting me know I'm not alone I cried reading even your happy words of holding Lilly and kissing Lilly... I know exactly how that feels... being told you can't stimulate them you can't talk out loud or touch them I'm so glad you are seeing progress and I send continued prayers for your Lilly and hopes and prayers for my Lorelei

    ReplyDelete