Lilly Grace

Lilly Grace
Lilly Grace Jones

Monday, October 18, 2010

Lilly had her heart cath this morning. It was a stressful drive to the hospital because there was alot of traffic and I wanted so desperately to hold Lilly before she left. We made it to the hospital at 9:15am and the nurse told us they were cleaning the cath room and it would be only a few minutes tilll time to leave. BUT.. Lilly need to be moved from her bouncey chair to bed so if I just happen to hold her while they did that it would be OK! Thank you NURSE!!! Lilly was in my arms for only ten minutes but it was enough to calm my nerves. We walked with Lilly to cath lab were it was a tearful goodbye again. I hate watching her go into these procedures. Lilly came back to her room a little after 2pm. The dr was able to balloon the aorta valve and the coart arch unfortunately he is not sure it will work. They were both extremely tight and he did not want to push her too hard. The mitro valve is moderately tight and he said the only way to repair is to do open heart surgery. He is going to take the pictures and measurements to the team tomorrow and hopefully they will come up with a plan of action. I am happy at least some ballooning was done but sad that he was not completely confident that it won't work. We are praying that we will get answers and begin moving towards the next step.

When Lilly came back she struggled to keep her oxygen level up. I was a nervous wreck and began to pace like a caged momma bear. The staff and I have become so close as we have spent the last two months together. they would send reassuring glances or mouth she is OK to me. Then afterwards they would come up and hug me telling me we are going to get through this. By the time we left Lilly was stable again and I was no longer trembling.

Thank you for all of your continued prayers. When we get information from the doctors we will post what they feel is the next step for our baby Lilly.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God for Lilly's small triumphs!!!!! She is such a little fighter!!!!! God Bless!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you get answers! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little fighter! I think about you and Lilly often.

    ReplyDelete