Lilly Grace

Lilly Grace
Lilly Grace Jones

Sunday, August 22, 2010

It was another beautiful day with our Sweet Lilly. We spent the afternoon with Lilly up at the hospital. When we arrived the nurse was just getting ready to feed Lilly her 4cc of milk. As we waited for the nurse to prepare the bottle we talked to her and told we were there. She opened her eyes only when I would walk away. I still have not got a really good look at her eyes. She loves to tease her mother. The nurse and I worked together to feed her but she had a hard time latching onto the bottle. She also was unsure of the milk and kept spitting it out. We eventually got the bottle empty but I think most of it ended up under her chin. At Lilly’s next feeding she attacked the bottle and downed the 4cc of milk in no time. Guess she figured out that what is in the bottle is something yummy. I also got another chance to hold Lilly. I have not been able to hold her since Thursday and I know that this next week’s schedule will not provide opportunities as she will need to rest. She hated being moved but calmed once she was in my arms. It was hard to give her back after an hour of snuggling together. This week will be another big week for Lilly. Tomorrow morning at 9am she will have a heart cath/balloon procedure. This is when they go through a major artery in the leg up into Lilly’s heart. They will try to expand “balloon” the aortic valve. While they are in there they will take pictures of her heart to determine what procedure should be next. If another surgery is needed it will happen later this week. The heart cath/ balloon procedure will take about 3 hours. I will update as soon as I get information from the doctors.

Thank you so much for all of the prayers and fasting for our sweet Lilly. We have seen so many miracles this week. We are so grateful for everyday that we have with Lilly. Please continue to pray for her and our family.

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Kim we are continuing to pray for Lilly and your family! I miss you! Give Summer a hug from me and tell her hi and that I miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    Just when you think you've felt every pain and been through all you could possibly bear, the Lord gives you another test. I know you've gained strength from your past that will carry you through this too. That, plus the love a truly good husband and the Lord. You are blessed as am I.

    I love you my sister/friend. We are kindred spirits.

    You'll all be in my prayers.

    Much love,
    Jill Clonts (Islands Ward) :)

    ReplyDelete