Lilly Grace

Lilly Grace
Lilly Grace Jones

Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday August 30th


It has been a wonderful day!!!! I got to hold Lilly for two hours even though she was still hooked up to the ventilator. The nurse asked me when I walked into her room this morning if I was ready to hold my baby again after not being able to for three days. I started crying and said “Yes, Please!!!” It took three of us (nurse, me, and respiratory therapist) to move Lilly into my arms. Once she was there the peace I felt was over whelming. I know Lilly felt it too because the nurse commented on how she finally looked like she was at peace. Lilly did not trip her alarms at all during the time we snuggled together. While I was holding her I massaged her leg because it was so hard and swollen from poor circulation. I was able to get the hardness out and tickle her feet.

Lilly continues to be on the ventilator. They have attempted several times to wean her but she is not ready yet. Other than being on the ventilator she is doing very well. Hopefully tomorrow we will get a surgery date or at least a plan of action for the next week.

Thank you again for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Kim,

    I love reading your Lilly stories! I really look forward to them. I'm so very glad she's doing so well and that you get to hold her. She just looks so sweet and squishy and lovable :-)

    As always...lots and lots of positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete